Established in 1873 on the banks of the Shiawassee River,
between the tiny villages of Byron and Bancroft,
the Burns Grange has operated continuously for 138 years.
Grange – the word is Latin for grain
The Grange is also credited for the advent of :
- Cooperative Extension Service
- Rural Free Delivery of mail.
NEW: Grange is still active, with new role in rural America - themorningsun.com